Hummus is a great healthy snack to fuel you through your day. And while you can grab a pre-made container at the store, it’s easy to make your own at home. Homemade hummus is often not only a healthier and cheaper alternative, but you can also get creative and mix up unique flavors like this recipe for Thai Hummus with Peanuts.
This recipe will take your snacking to a whole other level. The Thai-inspired flavorings of peanut butter, hot sauce, ginger, and lime juice transform the chickpea base and if you want to make your hummus look extra fancy (with minimal effort), sprinkle some extra toppings on top. Serve the hummus with fresh veggies, whole grain pita bread, or use it as a substitute for mayo in sandwiches and wraps.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), reserve liquid
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce (like Sriracha)
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. iced water
- ¼ cup chopped raw peanuts
- 2 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Place chickpeas, peanut butter, hot sauce, ginger, garlic, and honey in food processor (or blender); pulse until chickpeas are mashed.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Pulse until well blended.
- With food processor running, slowly add oil and water until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add reserved liquid 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Fold in peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; mix well.
- Drizzle with lime juice.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 188 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
Body Beast Portions
Portion Fix Containers
Not familiar with Portion Fix? Find out how Portion Fix can make losing weight simple.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.